Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Month in Review

I can not believe it has been so long since my last post.  I will try to catch you up on our little world.

Bill's mom came for a visit.  I did not take many pictures but we enjoyed our time with her.  Our busy girl kept Grandma Carol on the go! 


Juliana playing with Grandma's zipper 

We celebrated my parent's 51st wedding anniversary.  We went to a local landmark, The Columbia Restaurant.  It is a delicious Spanish restaurant that has been in Ybor City since 1905.  It is a family favorite.  Juliana was happy.  Cuban bread will do that to a girl.


My Mom & Dad


Juliana with Aunt Linda


This month we also celebrated our nephew's 18th birthday.  It is hard to believe that little boy can be all grown up.  Chaise is an intelligent, handsome young man with a fantastic sense of humor.  My oh my can he make us laugh!


Juliana enjoyed the party.  She provided the musical entertainment.


Performing a duet with her cousin, Emily.


Juliana loves dogs.  My brother's family dog was no exception.  She was mesmerized by Remi's ears.  Remi is such a sweet girl she let Juliana play with them.


And kiss her too!




The next day was Mother's Day.  It was a wonderful day.  I truly savored the day and the overwhelming blessing I have to be Momma to our sweet girl.  My heart is filled with immense love. 


The greatest moment of the day was receiving this card made by Juliana.  Oh so sweet, I didn't need anything else.



The verse printed in her card is Proverbs 23:25. 
 It reads: May your father and your mother be glad, May she who gave birth to you rejoice.
Such an interesting yet appropriate verse.

Exactly 3 months after we arrived home, Juliana started to attend my bible study with me.  It is Bible Study Fellowship which includes a wonderful program for children.  She has loved it.  From her excitement of getting to see my mom-she starts yelling "Ba-ba!" (her name for Grandma Kent) as soon as we pull into the parking lot.  To her joy for her teachers and classmates.  We have been amazed to see her learn something new every week.  The study runs from September to May.  In the past, when May comes around I am ready for the summer break.  This year I was sad for it to end because it was an end for Juliana also.  We look forward to starting back in September.

Here she is with one of her teachers, Mrs. Sample.



We also went to a surprise party for my aunt and uncle.  It was their 50th wedding anniversary.  They were surprised and we had a great time.  Juliana once again tickled the ivories.  A piano may be in our future!  She was also a dancing queen.  She hopped, skipped, clapped her hands and spun until she was dizzy.  Obviously I was preoccupied with dancing with my girl because I didn't take any pictures.  Hopefully I can order some from the photographer!

In between all her social engagements, Juliana has been busy at home. 
Enjoying the pool.



She loves the water!  We have finally signed her up for swim lessons starting next week. 
In the meantime, we bought a mini pool so she can splash about without us getting in with her.




Anything to beat the heat, the hose works too!


Juliana has fallen in love with her polar bear, Louie.  He is named after our sweet friends, Louie and Carol, who gave him to her. 
She looks for him as soon as she wakes up. 
He goes shopping with us.
He tags along on our walks.
He is her little playmate!



Look at her gazing at him!




That just about wraps up the past month.  So much fun can be exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. What a busy month it was! It has been such a joy to experience these new things with you all and Juliana. She is learning new words and doing new things every time we see her. It warms my heart every time she says my name, wants me to pick her up, and gives me big kisses. What a hit she was at Aunt Kay and Uncle Larry's 50th Anniversary party! Dancing With The Stars, watch out! How great that she loves the water and the piano! Swimming lessons should be fun. I can't wait to see and hear what is next. We love you all! Uncle Robert

    ReplyDelete