I can not believe it has happened but it is true. Our baby turned 2! She will proudly tell you that she is 2 while holding up 1 finger! (We are working on that.) On certain days she will tell you that she is not a baby but a girl. Yes, our baby girl is 2!
We celebrated her big day with a music themed party. She was so excited to play with friends, dance, sing, and make music. They played the saxophone,
cymbals,
maracas,
drums, tambourines, and every other musical toy in the house.
In between the dance party, they tried on bows,
and played with cars,
jumped in the bounce house, and then danced some more!
It was time to sing "Happy Birthday"!
Juliana has never had any sweets. She gets an occasional Maria cookie (similar to maria cookies we bought in Russia) but we figure until she knows what sweets are why give them to her. But a birthday is a big deal so we splurged with a banana creme cupcake.
I wish I had taken video of everyone singing to her. I had every intention to do so but in the busy moment I forgot. She had such an expression of joy. She got that everyone was focused on her, singing endearing words to her. She had just the sweetest smile on her face.
It was one of many times that day that my eyes filled with tears.
Happy, thankful, joyful tears.
And then she got to try her first cupcake. She was cautious at first, not sure what to think.
but she quickly dug in.
Looks like she liked it.
The celebration continued all week to her actual birthday.
We had dance parties everyday.
Received gifts in the mail-and tried on the new clothes immediately.
She tried to put all the clothes on at once, while wearing her pajamas.
She also received phone calls wishing her Happy Birthday.
She chatted up the well wishers.
On her birthday she received MORE gifts!
Pajamas to try on! Tags to pull off!
And then she received THE gift. A vacuum! This child was so excited! She was nonstop "vacuuming" the entire house. We finally had to put it away so she could go to bed which made for an unhappy girl. We didn't even put the vacuum in her room at bedtime for several nights for fear she would climb out of bed and get to work! She loves to clean.
I would say our big girl had a good birthday celebration. It breaks my heart to know we missed her first birthday. On the day of her birthday party, I was a little on edge before it started. I realized I just wanted her to have the perfect "first" birthday party. I know she will not remember this and silly details did not matter to her. Somehow I think I was trying to make up for the other birthday party she never had. Now I choose to look forward instead to celebrating every future birthday with our daughter, our precious gift that radiates joy and love.
Have I told you lately how blessed we are to be her Mama & Dada?
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
"BaBa" & "PopPop" are also so blessed & filled with love and joy since Juliana became our second granddaughter!! We loved every minute of the birthday party & tried to catch every bit of Juliana's happiness, love, & fun. She had a grand time! (I believe everyone must have also loved being part of Juliana's "first" birthday party. We thank God every day for the precious blessing of Juliana! Happy, Happy Birthday to our beautiful Juliana!
ReplyDeleteLove, BaBa & PopPop (Ross)
Oh, how much fun it was! The decorations, wonderful food, and great friends and family. She just loved everything from the bouncy house to her first cupcake and all those gifts! We really had a great time! I especially loved calling her on her actual birthday. She was determined to hold a conversation! If I could only understand that secret little language she has. How lucky we are to have her on our lives. I look forward to many amazing birthdays! Love, Uncle Robert
ReplyDelete