Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hoping time really does fly

We had a busy day.  Our driver took us to meet our coordinator and translator at the notary's office.  Here we had to sign an official request to adopt little miss.  From there we went to a medical clinic to have the check-up required by the court.  We had another hour before we were permitted at the baby home so we stopped in a coffee shop.  We enjoyed more interesting conversation with our driver and translator.  Finally we could go to the baby home!
Little miss was a happy girl today.  We showed her the photo book we put together to leave with her.  She loved looking at it and turning the pages.  We played lots of music and even discovered another toy in the room that played different music.  We listened to it over and over again.  We laughed thinking how the passengers sharing our plane home with her are going to really appreciate her love of music...for 10 hours!!  We took off her shoes to try on some pants.  As soon as they were off she pulled off her socks and played with her feet.
After some time she became very calm and just wanted to be held.  There were no complaints from us.  The perfect way to spend our last day together.  We took turns cuddling with her.  During this time she revealed another first to us: she sucks her thumb!  She looks like she wants to put both in her mouth at once but actually just holds the second hand near the other.  Almost like she is praying.  During this time we told her all about her new home, and all of you that are waiting to love on her.  As we looked out the window, we told her how she would love running bare foot in the yard.  As we stood in that tiny room, we told her how she will love running and playing all over the house.  And, of course, we told her how much Mommy & Daddy loved her.  And that we promised to be back very soon.
Eventually our translator came back to say we only had 10 more minutes.  That's when the waterworks started-Bill & I both just hugged her and cried.  Bill carried her as we took her back to her group.  We gave her the photo book, a stuffed doggie, and that magical, musical piano that we played so much. 
So now we are hoping and praying time flies by until we get to come back.  We are thankful to the ladies who have cared for her all of her life.  We continue to have gratitude towards them for protecting our precious girl until we return.

10 comments:

  1. Awww, I am so sad! I don't want you to leave her there!Love and hugs for a safe flight home and to power through the next several weeks. The pain that you are experiencing will subside once she is in your arms forever. I cannot wait for her to get home to the Rosses...talk about one loved little girl!
    Lots and lots of prayers for you all!Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was probably the toughest one to read. Have been thinking about you guys all day. We all wish for speedy processing so you can return quickly to be with your little one again. Thank you for sharing such wonderful details of your moments together this week. It has been a thrill to read your entries every day. It's almost as if I can picture the three of you...as a happy little family. We can't wait to pick you up on Saturday to see you and here more stories. Have a safe trip back home. Love you both, Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are hoping times does fly by for the two..three.. of you too. I just can't imagine the day you have had, leaving her there. I was able to read the first blog to Chuck but I cannot read them to him anymore. I just can't get through them. So he's on his own. Praying for complete strength and peace to the both of you and how cool God is to allow her to be very calm and give you three the time to cuddle together. He is just awesome! Safe travels, get some rest and we'll talk Sunday. We head to see Emily tomorrow. Love you three!! Don't you just love the sound of that...you three. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have heard the phone call tonight as I read this to the currently internetless Mom and Dad. Talk about waterworks. So glad you had a good visit with her today. I have a feeling she'll be receiving musical toys, traditionally a gift from grandparents, from many people now that they know how much she loves them. Know we're all thinking about you and will help you try to make that time fly. Interested in any home projects? Or maybe we can find a DeLorean on Ebay and mod it for time travel. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday. Make sure you get plenty of sleep on the plane, because we're expecting to hear every detail as soon as you land. Love, A.L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. I hope your time goes fast too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow__ This has been such JOY of how life can really be a happy place for those who want it. You are both the perfect to be parents__ I to can't wait to hear more stories and hear all about your new Life. I wish you both the best ever__ Return safe and My prayers are with you. Love Sue Teti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your updates. I can just see the three of you in that little room. My heart aches for you as you leave that land and little miss. But I also pray for time to fly and it will. You are parents now and you have a lot to look forward to. What joy lies ahead!! He has given you your heart's desire! Blessings!! Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! When do you get to go back?! I'm praying it's very quickly. This is such an amazing journey and perfect portrayal of God's love. Love you three ...thank you for letting us following you on this trip! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for keeping us posted on this incredible journey....we are so excited to meet your precious daughter one day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were so excited and happy to hear from Todd that you were on your way to Russia. I cannot even imagine how you must have felt to know that you were going to see your daughter. It was so wonderful to be able to follow along and read about your experiences with Little miss. We cannot wait to meet her and have her come over and play with Olivia. I think they are going to have a lot of fun together playing with dolls, music, etc. Safe travels back. Love, Don, Alejandra, Olivia and Nicolas

    ReplyDelete