Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Making Progress

Things have been quite low key the last couple of days.  We all have colds.  Bill especially has been feeling the worst with a really bad sore throat.  Today, thankfully, we are feeling a little better.

We are amazed by Juliana each and every day.  She is handling everything so well.  She is taking 1 or 2 naps a day and sleeping great at night.  She will fall asleep on my lap and then I put her in the crib.  Sometimes she wakes up when I do this, but with a little comfort and reassurance she goes back to sleep.  She may wake up once during the night for a diaper change, but goes back down fairly easily.  We could not ask for a better eater.  She loves to eat and has been happy with almost everything we offer her.  Vegetables, meat or chicken, yogurt, bananas, cheese, just about anything.  And BREAD!!  Our girl can eat some bread.  She would love to have the entire roll in her hands.  We have learned she now gets it last.  It is her dessert!  She also loves her stroller which thrills us.  Sometimes she climbs into it even when we are not going anywhere.  But when we are going somewhere and we open that hotel room door she squeals with delight.  If we are out for a meal she will stay in it to eat.  We still have to work on getting her comfortable in a high comfortable in a high chair. 
She says Dada and Mama.  I wasn't sure if she using them in reference to us or just saying them.  The other day I was holding her when I took a picture of Bill.  She saw him on the camera screen and said "Dada!".  Another time she looked into a bag holding bananas and said "nanas" 
She responds to her name when we say it.  Again, I have to say she amazes us!  She has learned what in the room is not for her to play with-such as the phone, garbage can, Daddy's paperwork.  She will walk by something she shouldn't have pointing and shaking her finger at it.  I guess she is having a little conversation with herself about it!
We are thankful for her every day.  We are blessed God chose us to be her Mommy and Daddy.  We can not wait to get home with her.  To continue our life as a family. 

We also want to wish our family and friends a Happy Hanukkah!  Especially Grandma Carol, Aunt Cindy, Aunt Barbara and cousins Jake & Rachel!  We love you all very much!




After breakfast today we went to the hotel gym just for some new scenery  for Juliana without having to bundle up to go outside.  She had a blast!  She decided to work off some of that bread!  Don't worry the treadmill was not on. 







4 comments:

  1. Indeed, God has blessed you with the most precious, smartest, cutest child around!! I, too, can't believe how amazingly well she is adapting & learning!! They said she was a good learner &, believe me, she is! She seems to be very obedient--already knowing what she isn't to touch & not touching!!Wow!!I am glad she likes to go out into the world--she knows she has lots of new things to see & do each & every day. She is also so charming & friendly--everyone reading about her & seeing her beautiful pics loves her. Obviously out in public she attracts everyone who has a chance to see her! Who could resist that beautiful little smile, big eyes, & cute chubby cheeks!! ( Enough bragging, Gamma!)
    So glad all three of you are feeling better.Hope you feel good enough for an outing with Alex. Keep us up-dated. We love it! Thanks for your great pictures. Hope you all sleep well tonight & feel even better tomorrow! All our love, hugs, & kisses, Gamma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are having fun! How old is Juliana?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumping right into parenthood! Welcome to the "everything my child gets, I get, syndrome" UGH!I hope your colds get better and you all feel better soon!
    There is something about her eyes and her beautiful face, you can see the pure joy and awe in each picture. She makes me feel as though I am right there with her enjoying the moment. Ohhhhhh do I love this little girl!
    I love this blog and love you all even more- keep the posts coming!
    Love your blog addicted bff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you all are feeling a bit better. Hope you continue so you feel well enough to enjoy your first Christmas together as a family. How great that Juliana is eating and sleeping so well. Also, learning what she's not to play with is so smart. Your heart must melt when she calls you & Bill Mama and Dada! Wait until Sharon and Elisabeth see her on the treadmill! They will have her working out at bootcamp in no time. Well, Happy Hanukkah to Bill. Keep sending photos. We love them! Love, Robert

    ReplyDelete