We have made it back to Moscow. The trip was rather uneventful. We flew the same route as we did the last trip, first to Houston and then direct to Moscow. We flew Singapore Airlines again but this time we flew business class. We had bulkhead seats and they were huge. I think Bill thought they were too big and we were too far away from each other. Even though we were next to each other! The seats unfold flat in to a bed so I did sleep a little more this time. Poor Bill still just can't sleep on a plane. He may have slept an hour. When we went to baggage claim, we received all our luggage except the bag with the stroller. The same bag that became our overflow when all our other luggage were at the weight limit. The same bag that had all of my shoes in it except my heels for court. The belt stopped and there was still no stroller. Now I have to admit as we were walking over to report it I was having visions of a shoe shopping spree. I could have suffered through that! But then we found it laying off to the side. Oh well, I'll wear the shoes I brought!
We are staying at the Lotte Hotel again. We ventured out tonight to look for dinner. We found another big shopping plaza next door. It has lots of shops, restaurants, and a grocery store. That will be very convenient when we return to Moscow. We walked by what has to be a nightclub. The people were coming out wearing party hats. It looked like New Years Eve! I don't think we will be going there! We ate at a restaurant called Bapashka (not sure if that is correct translation?). It was very good. We had soup, fish and lamb. Now we are back at the room. Ready for a good night's sleep. We take the train to St. Petersburg tomorrow.
Very glad to hear you made it to Moscow safely. I guess it's a good thing that your bag showed up, although I probably would have had the same momentary dream of a shopping spree. You and I definitely inherited that gene from Mom. I'm sure you will pass it along to Lil Miss. Well, get some rest and enjoy your train ride tomorrow. Hopefully, you and Bill can see some sights this weekend in St. Petersburg before you start your exciting week. Love, Robert
ReplyDeleteBummer your bag showed up...the boot selection in st Pete is incredible! Oh well at least the bags not full so you can still add a pair if need be! :)
ReplyDelete