Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tuesday

I started another day at the gym.  Our hotel has a nice gym.  In all the times I have been only once was there someone else.  I must say it is quite nice to have it to yourself, no waiting for a machine or weight.  But I do miss my "gym girls".  Working out is not quite the same without our chatter.
When we arrived to the baby home today we were surprised to see our coordinator was there.  She was planning our big departure with the baby home director!  Yeah!  We spent our visit with Little Miss in the tiny room.  She was again a busy girl pulling everything off the shelf, going through our bag, enjoying water from her sippy cup.  She discovered a box in the corner of the room with small plastic jars.  We let her have one.  That entertained her for a long time.  Just wait until she gets her hands on the tupperware cabinet at home!
After our coordinator finished her meeting she came to visit with us.  She was with us the first day we met Little Miss.  On that day she was immediately interested in our coordinator.  I'm sure because she was speaking a language she understood.  Today Little Miss only wanted to look at her from the safety of mine or Bill's arms.  To us it felt like a glimmer of progress.
The baby home is starting to decorate for the holiday season.  As we were leaving our little room we noticed a new years decoration hanging from the ceiling in the hallway.  We showed it to our girl and she smiled.  We lifted her up so she could touch it.  She had such a look of wonder as she stared at it.  Just in awe of something she had never seen before.  We are so looking forward to see that face more often as she discovers more wonders in our world.
Afterwards, we went to a large bookstore that sold books in Russian and English.  I found a book of traditional Russian fairy tales in English.  Bill wasn't real excited about it since he said fairy tales can be scary.  He said choose one to read to see if it is scary before we buy it.  So I flipped open the book and started reading, "Once upon a time there was a couple named Ivan and Maria.  They lived together for a long time in harmony and loved each other.  Everything would have been fine, but they had one great sorrow.  They were starting to grow old and still had no children.  They wanted a daughter."  I looked up at Bill who was wide eyed.  Needless to say we bought the book!
Tonight we tried a Spanish restaurant called Los Torres.  It was very good.  I had dorado.  I think it was one of the best fish dishes I have had on the trip. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow!! She is totally feeling comfortable with you guys!! I can see that with how she's right into many things, not feeling reserved but acting just like a curious little girl!!! Love it! That is quite neat about the book. And oh yes, counting down the days...hours. This is ever so exciting!!! I also can't wait to hear down the road how Bill gets her a little excited when it's bed time and that's when we need to settle down and relax. Dad's are just like that...an opportunity to play and they are all in. But it's worth every minute of them prolonging their little one going to bed. You two have definitely eated at some fabulous resturants! What an extra bonus! Also, having a daily workout to yourself. Could they provide a little personal trainer too. I'm so proud of you for continuing to go to the gym. Such dedication.
    I have to say, we thought of you guys lots during our travels this past weekend and seeing all the families. We met one family who just moved back from England after being there a year...20 checked bags, 5 check-on bags and then backpacks with two carseats and a stroller...three kids. And they had three cars pick them up from the airport. See no big deal...OMG! Just ask for help.
    Hugs from ALL of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Think of the wonders ahead of "Little Miss" when she gets out of the baby home & into the real world, especially at this time of year with all the bright lights, glitter, & even Christmas music!! Your camera will be going non-stop! I can just imagine the excitement & joy in those beautiful, big dark eyes!!
    The fairy tale sounds neat. I want to know the whole story! Little Miss will love fairy tales and wonderful books, & she is a lucky little girl to have a Mommy & Daddy who will happily read to her! Again, how blessed you three are to have each other, a sweet family of three!God is so good!!!
    Time is really getting close now for the Big Day!! How wonderful! Time seems to have gone fast, at least to me. Maybe not for you two. I am so glad you have had these nice visits with Little Miss to get that bonding started. She is growing closer to you by each visit. She will probably be clinging to you both with a feeling of security & love. How sweet!
    Hugs & kisses for Little Miss,
    Love, Gamma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Ivan and Maria...
    What a wonderful story! I am thinking it will be a Klein favorite in the years to come!
    I can already see how bright she is, she knows who Mommy and Daddy are and feels safe in your arms. This is going to be a great transition, I can feel it! No more Paka Paka's soon!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete