The weather was much improved today. The temperature was mild, no rain, and we even saw the sun a bit! I started it at the gym. Bill slept in after staying up late catching up on work. We had breakfast again at the hotel. We are getting to know the employees in the restaurant! Once at the baby home, while waiting, our driver suggested we take Little Miss outside to play since it was such nice day. Much to our surprise the Director agreed for us to play outside on the playground for 30 minutes! Woohoo! Soon our little pink marshmallow bundle was ready to go. As a Floridian, I am not used to children in snowsuits-she looked just adorable. Of course, her agility was seriously compromised. The first time she bent over to pick up a rock she nearly did a face plant. I was horrified they might be watching us through the windows thinking-rookie parents! We are thankful for all the padding of the snowsuit! She wanted to pick up every rock. When we went near the grass she bent over and gently touched it. We have to wonder if she has ever felt the grass. She loved the small slide. Every time a car went by she turned to look. There was a small toy jeep that Bill put her in and pushed her around. It was fun to see her enjoy a different environment. We look forward to seeing her play outside at home without a cumbersome snowsuit.
We returned to her group area to the larger play room. We met 2 more of her caregivers. They have all been very kind. One of them commented that Little Miss looked like me! We played but most enjoyed having her near us sitting on our laps. At one point, she walked in to the room adjacent to the playroom. It is a changing area that has a locker/closet for each child. It has tiny benches that she wanted to sit on and invited us to join her. That became a game moving from bench to bench and running in and out of the room. She was so tickled. We just love to hear that laugh! I have to say it again this precious girl is full of joy! Bill & I already can't imagine our life without her. We feel incredibly blessed.
After the baby home we went to the Russian Museum. It was beautiful. The art was amazing, some of it dated back to the 12th century. The building itself was gorgeous. It was built in the 1800's. We then walked around some of the shops nearby. Later our driver took us further up Nevsky Prospekt. We had dinner, explored a bit more eventually making it back to the coffee shop next to our hotel. It was a perfect day. We spent time with our sweet and funny girl, as well as enjoying some of the amazing offerings of her birth city.
 |
| This was one of Bill's favorites. |
 |
| The Russian Museum when we left at sunset. |
As you may guess, Dad & I really look forward to your blogs!! We have both been home today, and we check very frequently.
ReplyDelete"Little Miss" is going to love your grass, nice and smooth. Don't think there will be many rocks, but she will probably be happy with twigs and sticks. I can just picture that beautiful little girl all dressed up in her pink snowsuit! Oh, so precious! Everyday with her seems to get better.I'm sure part of it is the different envirnments as you said, but she is getting closer to you & Bill. This is such a good thing for all 3 of you to have this time together to build the bond between you. What a blessing.
The museum is, indeed, beautiful. It must be overwhelming to see these buildings which are so old, and yet such architectural masterpieces. Amazing.
Glad all is going so well. Enjoy tomorrow. We love you all & we miss you.
I'm sure I will get lots of inquiries tomorrow at BSF. So many are praying for you.
Love you, Mom/Gamma
I might beg to differ with your driver on that “such a nice day” statement. Seeing 34 degree temperatures for highs is not what this Floridian considers a nice day. But even I would brave the cold for a chance to see her in a snowsuit, finding the most common things so interesting. Can't wait to hear that laugh and to take part in some of the fun you all are enjoying. I have told some friends and co-workers about you all and shared the blog link, and they all send their congratulations and express their happiness for all three of you. Love, Aunt Linda
ReplyDeleteI've been following your blog, and wanted to thank you for posting the questions from court especially. My husband and I found out yesterday that we too will be in Russia for Christmas. Our court date is the 22nd or 23rd. We aren't sure yet. Just wanted to thank you!!
ReplyDelete